Monday, February 8, 2010

The Edge of Desire


As John Mayer would say: I want you so bad I'll go back on the things I believe. There, I just said it. I'm scared you'll forget about me.

He couldn't have captured what I'm feeling any better. I've fallen so deep that I can't see. I'm lost down the rabbit hole and there's no telling when I'll find my way out again. The thing is, I might not want to find my out. Why can't I just stay in the blissful, ignorant world that I've built for myself? A place of refuge and solace is all I ever wanted.
Isn't this true for all human beings? A need to be accepted, to feel safe, to be loved.

We're all just living in one moment to the next. A seamless flow that makes life a little less complicated. We blind ourselves for our own protection because if we saw what really was, then we might not be what makes us human in nature - imperfect. Would Romeo have gone for Juilet if he had known the tragity that would befall him and his lover? Would Scarlett O’Hara have done things differently if she had known that her love would come too late? And, would I have still shamelessly fallen for the man whose heart I can't have?

It's unfair how life works. It holds your hand and whispers sweet things in your ear, but lets go when you're about to fall. And those whispers only turn out to be poisionous deviations from the truth. It's amazing how resilient people are! Even the most broken heart can be melted back together and even the most intense wave of sadness and loniness makes way for brighter days.

I am waiting for the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Every word just went through and through my heart. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete